Project: Surfaces with liquid and dust repellency
We solicit applications for a postdoctoral position in Professor Himanshu Mishra’s Research Group
(Interfacial Lab) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
Description: Creating surfaces that repel dust could dramatically improve the energy efficiency of solar
cells and reduce cleaning costs for buildings. With our group’s expertise in biomimetics, micro and nanotextured surfaces, liquid repellency, and interfacial electrification, we are investigating this problem.
Physicists, electrical engineers, mechanical/materials/chemical/aeronautics engineers are
Sample publications: Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2020, DOI:10.1002/admi.202001268; Nature
Communications, 2018, 9, Article Number: 3606; Scientific Reports, 2020, 10, Article number: 7934;
Science Advances, 2020, Vol. 6, No. 13, eaax6192; Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 5285
- Experience in micro-and nano-fabrication techniques, such as photolithography, dry etching, e-beam lithography, two-photon polymerization, III-D printing, SLIPS fabrication, etc.
- Basic knowledge of capillarity, fluid dynamics, and heat & mass transfer. Knowledge of CFD and/or FEM software is a plus.
- We expect the individual to be curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a critical thinker.
KAUST Benefits for Postdoc Fellows
- Competitive Salary
- Housing provided free of charge
- Local medical insurance provided for postdoc fellows and eligible dependents
- Relocation allowance
- Schooling is provided to eligible dependents at KAUST Schools (normal admission procedures apply)
Please upload your updated CV, cover letter, list of publications, and contact information for three
references to interfolio: here