Project: Bio-inspired technologies for precision agriculture in hot and dry regions
We solicit applications for a postdoctoral position in Professor Himanshu Mishra’s Research Group
(Interfacial Lab) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
Description: Broadly, we are developing bio-inspired sustainable approaches for achieving food-water security. For instance, growing more food with less water in arid regions, reducing humanity’s carbon footprint, and reducing post-harvest losses. Specific areas of focus are:
1. Soil-amendment materials: biochars, moisture-absorbing polymers, and mulches.
2. Precision agriculture: irrigation technologies for the MENA region and soil-moisture monitoring.
3. Greenhouses and field-scale experiments to quantify the effects of these technologies on plant health.
4. Low-cost grain storage technologies to reduce post-harvest losses.
5. Scale-up of our technologies
The candidate should have a PhD in agricultural engineering, plant science, or a related field. We expect
the individual to be
- Curiosity-driven, dedicated.
- Meticulous at planning experiments.
The position is ideal for a self-motivated creative researcher who wants to address challenges
threatening global food—water security, the mega-challenge of our time.
KAUST Benefits for Postdoc Fellows:
- Competitive Salary
- Housing provided free of charge
- Local medical insurance provided for postdoc fellows and eligible dependents
- Relocation allowance
- Schooling is provided to eligible dependents at KAUST Schools (normal admission procedures apply)
Please upload your updated CV, cover letter, list of publications, and contact information for three
references to interfolio: here